Get To Know Our Local Military Attractions
Our area thrives on having the world's largest naval base, Naval Station Norfolk. The military has shaped Hampton Roads and the Northeast North Carolina area. From the diversity of cultures in our area, the people who have come here because of the military and stayed because of the community, to how we go about daily life, the military has truly affected every ounce of this area.
We’ve rounded up the must-see military attractions in our area!
- Battleship Wisconsin, Norfolk
- Fort Norfolk, Norfolk
- Hampton Roads Naval Museum, Norfolk
- MacArthur Memorial, Norfolk
- Military Aviation Museum, Virginia Beach
- Virginia War Museum, Newport News
- Fort Monroe, Fort Monroe
Each of these is unique in its storytelling and brings to light the military history of our area. Which ones are you most excited about seeing?